When Liam Gallagher chose to start his fashion line Pretty Green, in Milan, I was proud 'cause he chose my city. Obvious choice, 'cause it was elected the first city of fashion in the world. The great results obtained with sales and prizes, say a lot.
Gem said that also the idea to form Beady Eye started here, when Liam was in Milan for Pretty Green.
And when another time Liam gave me as gift the blue cashmere pullover dedicated to Manchester City, that was easily one of the best days ever.
And when another time he told me "nice jacket", I'm easily still wearing that jacket day and night, lol.
And of course also my "Pretty Green scarf, in an English blue navy colour, a must-have: a soft, lightweight polka dot scarf made from 100% cotton and expertly hand-printed by Italy’s leading scarf producer" :).
My grandmother was a tailor (my aunt too), a dressmaker, and they were working at home, with clothes (she had the famous Singer sewing machine, we still have it, along with those old radios, RadioMarelli). Those were the good old traditional jobs. It seems that today, with the international crisis and all, as in my grandparents war times, we'd all still need to do something similar.
The other day I was writing : nobody wants to be told what to do, both young and adult people don't want. Sometimes it's the old people who want that, because they need help. And they're probably the only people who could really tell others what to do, because they have a lot of experience.
Today I'm missing my grandparents, I don't have any left. The other grandmother was a cook (chef), but she had so many activities, tailor too, and helping old people, going to pilgrimages to Lourdes with the Pope (John Paul II), she was a kind of legend for so many people in her valley. Her husband, my grandfather (boxing fan as the "ex Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher" :), had a hotel, that my family still has, that's where my grandmother was working. Of course, as Liam said, "the food's the bollocks", lol.

www.prettygreenitaly.blogspot.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails

blog archives (click on the arrows)

pages

*new* this is the blog of www.miamilan.com

*new* this is the blog of www.miamilan.com
do not use Explorer

donate to keep free this blog

..... arts->football->art->food->art->fashion->football->music->art... slideshow I made with Oasis piano music of Live forever:
the 1st city of fashion in the world, the most famous painting in the world, the most famous theatre in the world, the best food in the world, the 1st team in football history, Milan is magic

Milano shop

Milano shop
click to enter
Custom Search

Labels

addresses (80) arts (1478) competitions (376) fashion (2251) food (676) history (992) jobs (100) models (773) music (2741) news (1515) nightlife (1618) sports (2290) theatre-cinema (880) trips (553)

search this blog