England's Saint George Milan flag :). Some days ago Liam Gallagher said Beady Eye next album will be more inspired by George's "All things must pass" (Liam said he cries listening to it). He was also an inspiration for style and Pretty Green clothes. And sometimes Liam also says, e.g. at the end of a Twitter twit: "Beware of darkness", as the song by George.
The other day was 20 years without Freddie Mercury, today is 10 years without my favourite Beatle, also F1 McLaren fan, see an older post on Oasisblues.
Everybody knows John Lennon is Liam's idol, some even say he thinks to be him, but it's not true. When asked about his favourite song, album, etc., it's always something by George Harrison. As album, the triple "All things must pass" (nothing ever lasts forever, lol), and as song Something (Beatles times), the biggest love song ever, also according to the Italian origins legend Frank "The Voice" Sinatra.
A curiosity: the song "Badge", co-written with Eric Clapton (they formed a close friendship in the late 1960s), was released on Cream's Goodbye album in 1969: George also played rhythm guitar on the song, and for contractual reasons, he was required to use the pseudonym "L'Angelo Misterioso" in Italian.
Noel Gallagher probably took the word Wonderwall from the psychedelic "Wonderwall music" soundtrack by George: he was also a film producer, as Liam will be soon, about the Beatles.
When I was a kid my favourite Beatle was Paul McCartney, 'cause he was the first one I've seen (and also met when we organized Literature Prizes, he also wrote poems), from Michael Jackson's duets in the '80s. And Paul had a pretty funny face, the girls liked him, so it was easy for a kid to take him as favourite one.
From George in those years I remember "I got my mind set on you", funny video for a kid.
But since I started to have a deep knowledge of the Beatles, I can say George is my favourite: the vast majority of their songs were "Lennon/McCartney", but his (22 in total) songs with them (also, Here comes the sun, While my guitar gently weeps, etc., and as solo artist My sweet lord, Wah wah, etc.), are precious stones in music history.
Photo: with Pattie Boyd, an Oasis groupie was very similar to her. 

Tribute day to George (when you want), you know he was the most inspired one by Indian culture, and most mysterious (because he was introvert). 
I was born and spent all my life near this place. This is a hidden street where I used to buy the newspapers everyday, and in fact the name is Press Street (via Stampa). There's also live music and dance shows in this Indian restaurant in Milan historic centre, Sarla www.sarla.it
I love spicy food as the Indian one (and Mexican), and it's also Liam's favourite one. Sometimes I cook Indian even at home, I make the Prawn Biryani, that is spicy rice with curry, shrimps (Jean Shrimpton :), coconut, onion, to eat while drinking tea. One time in another Indian restaurant quite close to this one, a waiter FORCED me ahaha to finish a dish (it was a VERY spicy tomato soup), 'cause probably accepting to eat the whole dish means "good manners" for Indian people, otherwise it would mean you don't like it. My friends were wondering how I could eat that, but almost every day I eat spicy food.
The Football English pub where Oasis used to go, it's near here and next to it there's a Hare Krishna place :))

some beautiful songs by George:
My sweet Lord (where Noel Gallagher copied some Supersonic and Hindu Times)
Wah wah (from my compilation)

Oasis' To Be Where There's Life (song by Beady Eye's Gem Archer), with Indian sitar
Oasis using Indian sitar from minute 5:50
Oasis covering George's Within You Without You
Related Posts with Thumbnails

blog archives (click on the arrows)

pages

*new* this is the blog of www.miamilan.com

*new* this is the blog of www.miamilan.com
do not use Explorer

donate to keep free this blog

..... arts->football->art->food->art->fashion->football->music->art... slideshow I made with Oasis piano music of Live forever:
the 1st city of fashion in the world, the most famous painting in the world, the most famous theatre in the world, the best food in the world, the 1st team in football history, Milan is magic

Milano shop

Milano shop
click to enter
Custom Search

Labels

addresses (80) arts (1478) competitions (376) fashion (2251) food (676) history (992) jobs (100) models (773) music (2741) news (1515) nightlife (1618) sports (2290) theatre-cinema (880) trips (553)

search this blog